1 dozen eggs
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp Maple Mustard
3 tbsp dill pickle relish
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 tbsp chopped fresh dill, plus more for serving
1 drop green food coloring
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- Fill a large pot with about 2 inches of water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Carefully add the eggs and cook for 12 minutes.
- Remove the eggs with a slotted spoon and transfer to a large bowl of ice water. Let cool for 2 minutes. Remove each egg from the water; tap the top and bottom gently on the counter, then return the eggs to the ice water for 10 more minutes. Peel the eggs.
- Halve the eggs lengthwise and remove the yolks.
- Combine the egg yolks, mayonnaise, mustard, pickle relish, parsley, dill, green food coloring (if using), salt and black pepper in the bowl of a food processor. Process for 1 to 2 minutes to break down the herbs and combine well, scraping the sides and base of the bowl as needed. Remove the mixture and transfer to a large pastry bag, or zip top plastic bag. Snip the corner of the bag with scissors, to make a 1/2-inch wide cut.
- Place the tip of the bag into the empty hole of one egg-white half. Pipe the filling just until it fills the hole. Then, draw a triangle around the edges of the filling, to resemble a Christmas tree. Repeat with all the egg halves.
- Sprinkle chopped red pepper over top of the trees. Sprinkle with more chopped, fresh dill, if you like. Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours
Recipe Origin: https://www.thepioneerwoman.com/food-cooking/recipes/a41462624/christmas-deviled-eggs-recipe/