- 12 oz fresh strawberries
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbs Maple Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper, or to taste
- Pinch salt, or to taste
- 1 tsp Pure Maple Syrup (optional)
- 1 baguette, sliced and toasted
- Spreadable cream cheese (optional)
- Clean, hull, and finely dice the strawberries so the pieces are ½ inch or smaller, preferably close to ¼ inch.
- Add the diced strawberries to a large bowl and stir in the basil, Maple Balsamic Vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Taste-test the bruschetta and add syrup if you’d like it to be a bit sweeter. You can add more salt and pepper at this point as well if you’d like.
- Serve the bruschetta over toasted baguette slices, optionally slathering each slice with a bit of spreadable cream cheese first.